Since the beginning, Basecamp has been marketed as a project management and collaboration tool for small businesses (or small teams inside larger businesses).
However, over the years we’ve also heard from thousands of people who use Basecamp outside of work. They’ve gone off-label and turned to Basecamp to help them manage all sorts of personal projects too. No surprise there – it really works!
But one complaint we’ve heard is that Basecamp is priced for businesses, not for personal side projects. We felt it was finally time to do something about that.
So today we’re formally introducing Basecamp Personal – a completely free Basecamp plan designed specifically for freelancers, students, families, and personal projects. Why should businesses be the only ones who get to use Basecamp to manage projects? We The People deserve a Basecamp for us, too!
- You deserve a Basecamp for home improvement projects
- You deserve a Basecamp to manage your girl/boy scout troops.
- You deserve a Basecamp to manage your weddings.
- You deserve a Basecamp to manage your hobbies.
- You deserve a Basecamp to manage your volunteer projects.
- You deserve a Basecamp to manage your family events.
- You deserve a Basecamp to manage your sports teams.
- You deserve a Basecamp to manage your neighborhood association.
- You deserve a Basecamp for small freelance gigs.
- You deserve a Basecamp for personal side projects.
- You deserve a Basecamp to manage all sorts of personal stuff!
And you want it for free! You got it.
What do I get?
Basecamp Personal includes 3 projects, 20 users, and a gig of storage space. So kick off a couple projects, invite some friends, family, teammates, or volunteers. Stretch your wings a little, and discover the benefits of organizing your personal projects the Basecamp way.
No credit card required. No justification required. No obligation required. No ads. No selling your personal information. It’s Small Tech at its best. It’s The Basecamp Way. Basecamp Personal is on us, for you. Check it out and claim your free account today. We’d love to hear what you end up using it for.
BTW, if Basecamp Personal sounds familiar, it’s because we used to have a Personal plan way back when. It was $25 per-project. This new one is completely free, so it’s better in every way.