On March 30th, we’ll reveal insights from almost 300 companies and 15,000 employees in a hands-on, in-depth workshop…
Over the past three years as the CEO of Know Your Company, I’ve heard numerous business owners say a version of this to me:
“Claire, I dig your software and the methodology behind it… but is there a way to put those concepts into practice on day-to-day basis? What are other ways that I can avoid blindspots? And is there a way to teach my leadership team and managers to do the same?”
I get it. I’ve always believed that creating an open, honest working environment requires more than just using a piece of software. As with any complex problem, you’ve got to act in a different way if you want to see any changes.
Because of this, I decided to pull together all our learnings over the past three years, across almost 300 companies and 15,000 employees, and distill it down into an interactive, three-hour workshop next month…
Introducing the “Don’t Be the Last to Know” Workshop.
In this hands-on, in-depth workshop, we’ll give you the playbook on how to not be “the last to know” in your company — it’s something we’ve never shared before completely end-to-end.
We’ll reveal best practices and techniques developed from hundreds of conversations with CEOs, and data from almost 300 companies and 15,000 employees in over 15 countries who use the Know Your Company software.
You’ll learn how to get your employees talking about what they really feel (and not what they think you want to hear), so you can avoid costly blindspots as a leader.
And, you’ll get to practice these strategies and tactics during the workshop with live in-person coaching from our yours truly 😊
While I’ve given plenty of talks, a 30-minute keynote has never been enough time to really dig into the issues, understand each attendee’s personal situation and struggles, discuss techniques in detail, and coach each person along on how to implement them. In this workshop, we’ll get to do that.
If you’re a business owner, founder, CEO, or manager, this workshop is for you.
Here’s what you’ll walk away with.
You’ll learn the answers to these questions and more….
- Why am I constantly the last to know things in my own company?
- How do I know if my employees are being honest with me or not?
- Why don’t employees speak up? Why is getting honest feedback from employees so dang difficult?
- What are the most common blindspots CEOs overlook?
- What are the top questions I should be asking every employee?
- What are the best questions other CEOs are asking their employees?
- How do I get the people who are typically quieter in my company to speak up?
- How often should I be asking for feedback in an employee?
- What’s the best way to hold one-on-ones?
- Should I be asking for feedback anonymously? Why or why not?
- How do I coach my managers or co-workers to ask for feedback in a better way?
- How do I break bad news to my team?
- How do I give an employee feedback in a constructive way?
- What feedback should I listen to? What should I not?
- How do I not get defensive when I receive feedback?
- How do I create a culture of feedback in my team, especially as my company grows?
- What are the best practices for holding all-company staff meetings? Are they important? What should I talk about?
- What are the warning signs of turnover? How do I avoid turnover in the first place? Is turnover a good thing?
- What are the three things I should do to make sure a new hire stays?
The workshop will be held Thursday, March 30th at 1PM — 4PM at Basecamp HQ in Chicago (30 N Racine #200).
The workshop will be hosted by me, CEO of Know Your Company, Claire Lew.
I’m looking forward to seeing you on March 30th, and solving the problem of being “the last to know” in your company together.
P.S.: If you did indeed enjoy this piece, please feel free to share + give it ❤️ so others can find it too. Thanks 😊 (And you can always say hi at @clairejlew.)